Stone Coated Steel Roofing
Stone-coated steel roofing systems are recognized for their durability, lighter weight and cost effectiveness, making them ideal for reroof or storm-damage applications. The strength of steel offers superior protection from severe climate events.
Stone-coated steel is one of the best possible materials for withstanding the devastating hail storms that impact many regions of the country, providing the highest UL-listed, Class 4 UL impact rating.
Stone-coated steel roofing panels are proven to resist wind speeds in excess of 120 miles per hour, making this roofing option ideal in regions where high winds occur.
Stone-coated steel offers protection in severely cold climates where ice damming is problematic. These systems provide an “above sheathing ventilated” space across the entire roof deck. This horizontal and vertical air space provides above-the-deck air flow and insulation that helps mitigate ice damming and icicle formation issues common in heavy snow areas of the country.
- Exceptional Durability. Gerard metal roofing can withstand the harshest weather conditions. Unlike standard asphalt shingles, it doesn’t crack, curl, or buckle. It also offers great resistance against rot and fungal growth that usually visits traditional wood shakes. Gerard metal roofing carries a Class A fire rating, the highest protection available in the industry.
- Since it disperses electricity safely through the home structure, this metal roof is a safer option over wood shakes during thunderstorms. In addition, our metal roofing from Gerard can take on impact damage and blow-offs from hail and high winds. It ensures lasting performance especially with good maintenance.
- Cost-Effective. When you work with the A & V Roofing and Remodeling Co. for this excellent choice, you’ll benefit from considerable savings. It’s easier to install, as Gerard metal roofing is 10 times lighter than other metal roof systems. This means you won’t need to go for an additional support structure, saving you from further expenses.
- Improved Energy Efficiency. You can improve your home’s comfort levels and benefit from significant energy savings by choosing Gerard metal roofing. This is possible through inherent reflective properties that can reduce solar heat gain. This makes it suitable for the hot and humid Rio Grande Valley climate. This option is ENERY STAR®-approved, so you can enjoy a thermally comfortable indoor environment, while reducing the load in your cooling system.
- Superior Warranties. Gerard metal roofs come with a 120mph Wind Warranty for greater ease of mind against high wind speeds. They also offer a 2.5 inch Hailstone Warranty, plus a 50-year, non-prorated, transferable lifetime warranty. In addition, as your trusted roofing contractor in the Rio Grande Valley, A & V Roofing and Remodeling Co. has our own workmanship guarantee to ensure expert and timely installation. All of these serve to add another layer of protection to your investment.