- 3-Tab Shingles: These are the most common types of shingles, as they are the easiest to maintain and among the least expensive of all roofing systems. This type of roofing appears as a one layer product with a distinct pattern of tabs (caused by vertical slots notched into the visible part of each shingle, splitting the lower half of the shingle into three tabs). Usually, 3-tab composition roofing comes with manufacturer’s warranties of 20, 25, or 30 years.
- Laminate shingles: Laminate shingles (also called dimensionals) have become a popular choice in composition roofing and are considered an upgrade to the 3-tab shingle. Laminates are similar to 3 tabs, except that they feature a second tabbed layer fused to the base shingle, which doubles the thickness of the material. Laminate composition shingles come with warranties of 30, 40, or 50 years.
- Architectural shingles: These shingles are considered top of the line in terms of composition roofing. These shingles are fashioned like slabs and laid on top of each other for a super strong roof. Architectural shingles are thicker, heavier, and physically larger than standard laminates, and often offer extra features like moss retardants. Architectural shingles come with manufacturer’s warranties of as long as 50 years or even lifetime.
Need a hand with your home repairs?
Let A & V Roofing Co. help you with your next residential roofing project! We carry many styles and materials to match your home’s unique style, such as, tile, slate, composite shingle, metal, cedar and flat roofing. Call us for your free estimate!
- Life Time Composition Tiles
- Metro Metal Shingles
- Standing Seam Metal Panels
- Tile Roof